Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Seasonal Orders Fall 2014

Hello and welcome back to TCO's Seasonal Orders! You may be wondering why this is coming out earlier than other Seasonal Orders, but I'll happily be able to provide and explanation for that in a little bit. That being said, here's what you can look forward to in the next three months!

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

October 3rd is our 1 year anniversary, so we're going to celebrate it in style! On that date I'll have a special review posted to commemorate this special occasion, and boy oh boy will the movie be interesting. I won't spoil it of course, but all I can say is tune in at noon on Friday October 3rd for this special review. It'll be a long one, because this movie is going to need it...

MOVIES

Since we're starting to hit Oscar season, there's going to be a lot of movies that I'm going to try and see. Try being the key word. Fact of the matter is, I live in a small town where every week we get A new film every week. One. I hope and pray that it's the movie that I want to see, but if not, usually I have to search around for a way to see the movie, and if I can't, I'm out of luck. So once again, all of these movies are tentative, but there are a few movies that I'm definitely going to see. This time I'm going to include a likelihood meter just sot hat you all can get a sense of how likely it is for me to see a movie.

Left Behind - Nic Cage in the Rapture. What else do I have to say? Likelihood?: Low
The Book of Life - This animated film has been in my head since it was first announced, so I'm eager to see how Dia de Los Muertos holds up. Likelihood?: High
Horns - This is going to get a wide release on Halloween, so hopefully I can find a theatre that's playing this. It looks really interesting though! Likelihood?: Maybe
Big Hero 6 - I'm always up for a new animated Disney movie. Likelihood?: High
Interstellar - This is THE biggest movie of the season. There's no way I'm missing this one. Likelihood?: Definite
Dumb and Dumber To - A sequel to a really damned good comedy, but it could go either way in terms of quality. Likelihood?: High
Exodus: Gods and Kings - I have absolutely no idea what this movie is going to be like, but color me intrigued on a new biblical epic. Likelihood?: Maybe
Annie - This is probably going to be a crapfest based solely on my disdain for the original play. This is going to be fuuuuuuunnn.... Likelihood?: Maybe
Big Eyes - An interesting Tim Burton documentary that has me very curious about its content, which is the best thing you can say about a documentary. Likelihood?: Maybe
The Interview - The controversy isn't making me see this movie. It's the ludicrous nature of it that has me interested. Likelihood?: High
Into the Woods - The movie that theatre fans have been going on about for ages, so I'm interested to see if this is a Chicago or a Les Mis. Likelihood?: Definite

GAMES

And now we're also in the thick of video game season (My wallet hates me...). Thankfully, I don't have that many games to pick up, but the ones that I am getting are big games to say the least. Here's what you can look forward to the next three months.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Bayonetta 2
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Yes, both Smash Bros games will be reviewed. They are the biggest games of the season, so of course they're going to get covered on this site! In fact, I'm happy to announce that all through the month of November, I'll be doing a Smash Retrospective! Every week I'll go into an in depth discussions about each Smash game (Bros, Melee, and Brawl), all leading up to a double review of both Smash Bros 3DS and Smash Bros Wii U.

ANIME

Oh boy the summer season kicked my ass, and this leads to why I'm doing this Seasonal Order much earlier than normal. During the summer, I was doing a ton of things whether it be working, playing games, hanging with friends, just anything that wasn't watching anime. And I decided in my infinite wisdom to watch six shows... and not watch them weekly. So here I am, with six shows that I need to watch before the beginning of the Fall season. I've spent the whole weekend watching a truly terrible anime, and I still have three more shows to watch! So I'm doing this post early so that I can bunker down and watch all of these shows in a week.

All that aside, I still have a bunch  of shows that I'm going to watch this season, and it's just as much as the previous season. Yes, I'm watching six shows again, but this time I'm actually going to keep track of them on a weekly basis! No waiting two months to binge them all and kill myself! Now it's time to be more responsible and manageable with my time. So here are the six shows that I will be watching this season. Some are old faces, and others are new shows with interesting premises.

Sailor Moon Crystal
Akama ga KILL!
Mushishi Zeku Shou
Shingeki no Bahamut: GENESIS
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja

Pretty much this season is going to consist of a reboot of a classic series, the conclusion to an artistic classic, a continuation of a brutal action series, a mobile game turned epic fantasy, a bizarre magical girl show that is classic anime in all of the insane methods, and what could be the very last Studio Ghibli production. This is going to be an interesting season.

TOP 20 VILLAINS IN VIDEO GAMES

The title explains it all. This is the big Top 10 list that I want to do sometime this season, but I'm going to need some help. I love talking about villains and I find them absolutely fascinating as characters, however I don't think that I can do them all justice if I've only played a handful of video games. Therefore, I'm asking all of you guys for help! In the comments below, let me know what some of you favorite video game villains are and why, and if one catches my eye, I'll look into that villain and see if they belong on the list. I'll give credit where credit is due of course. So let me know what are some of your favorite video game villains so I can do all of them justice... or injustice. Whichever you prefer!

SHARE THE LINKS

To try and expand TCO this season, I'm going to try and encourage everyone to share the links to the site's reviews. More publicity is never a bad thing, and if I'm able to double or even triple the traffic on this site, then I can afford to do more expansive and interesting stuff with the site. Hell, I might even be able to do consistent video reviews for the site if there's an audience for it.

Oh, and because there's really no place to put it in this post, I want to apologize for my review of The Nut Job. I wanted to test out and see if people just scrolled down to the bottom of the page and cared only about the score that I gave it and not the text. However, from what I could tell from the review, that was not the case. Your feedback helped me build TCO into a better review site, and I would like to thank you all for your input. I won't be making any reviews like it in the future, and I thank you all for your feedback.

That concludes the Seasonal Orders for this season, so here's to another three months of reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment