Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Seasonal Orders: England Edition


A bit early, but now that I'm fully settled in, it's about time I give out some details!


Well hello everyone! Sorry for the infrequent updates on the site, but not only have I now finally finished settling in to England as well as work on some major projects, it's about time for me to give an update for essentially what content you can expect from me during my stay across the pond! So let's just cut to the chase and get started!

TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Yes, October 4th will be the 2 year anniversary of the Critical Order! In order to keep continuity with previous years, I will be doing two things this year, one I can openly discuss and one I can't. First off, If you've been following me for all these years, I may have made a few attempts at expanding the site in the past few months. I've begun cross posting on Channel Awesome, and now I have a new cross posting site to call my own. On October 4th, I will be launching a site on Wordpress! The site will go live on that day, but don't worry about missing content on this site! I will still post content here for the time being, but my main focus will be on the Wordpress site. All of my links will link to there, and content will come here after it comes to Wordpress. Don't worry though. All of my reviews from the launch of Wordpress to my 2015 roundup reviews will be on here with links to the new site, but after 2015, I will then post exclusively on Wordpress. I'll still keep the reviews up here, but I'll slowly bring every review to the new site to keep everything under one umbrella.

As for the second celebration? Like last year, it'll be a review, but it's a movie that's been haunting me every since I started reviewing. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

BEST AND WORST OF 2015

So seeing as how I'll return to the States once the year is rounding down, it'll almost be time for me to start making Best and Worst Lists of 2015. They will still be posted without any problems, but one list may be delayed into late January, early February. My Top 5 Games of 2015 list, for obvious reasons, will be delayed significantly while I play several games that I have left in the States. I don't have my Wii U or PS4 here, so I cannot talk about any new games that release between September and December, so I'm going to have a massive backlog when I return. Unfortunately, the games that I have on the backlog are going to be huge projects in their own right, all of which you can see below. It will be done, but I just need time to do it is all.

MOVIES

Thank God that there's a movie theatre near me so my reviews will not be halted! Actually, as of right now, t save me some time and stress, I'm hard at work at a single review of three separate movies right now. Why am I doing three at once? Because I like my sanity and having to condense three reviews into one when I'm working on the new site, the two year anniversary, the anime review of Spring and Summer (more on that in a bit), as well as just life in general, it lightens my workload considerably. So what movies are they? Well, you will be happy to know that they are Focus, Kingsmen: The Secret Service, and Chappie. You should see that review in the next couple of days. As for the rest of the year...

Crimson Peak - I love me some Gothic Horror, and slapping Guillermo del Toro's name on it is an instant watch for me. (Definitely)
Suffragette - Call me a sucker for Oscar bait, but this just has it written all over it. Will it be good? It'll probably be okay, but you're gonna hear a lot about it regardless. (Likely)
Equestria Girls: Friendship Games - I'm a masochist. What can I say. (Likely)
Spectre - Do you really think I'm insane enough to miss out on the new James Bond movie in London of places? You're high. (Definitely)
The Good Dinosaur - Pixar wowed me this year with Inside Out, so I'm curious to see what they'll do with this one. (Likely)
Creed - UK releases may screw me over on this, but I hope that I can see this just so I can have hope that Michael B. Jordan is a good actor and that Fant4stic was just a horrible misfire for him. (Maybe)
When Marnie Was There - As Studio Ghibli's last potential film release, I'm going to enjoy this one with all of my heart. (Likely)
Star Wars: Episode VII - I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but there's no way to escape the hype from this movie. (Definitely)
Joy - Another Oscar bait contender, this one actually has me fairly interest, if only for the unique premise. Plus Jennifer Lawrence. Mostly Jennifer Lawrence. (Likely)
The Revenant - Dicaprio mixed with Innuartu makes a movie that I have to see, especially after the rocky production history and the nerves I feel about this movie actually doing well. (Definitely)
The Hateful Eight - You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to The Hateful Eight. I worry that it may be too similar to Django Unchained, but Django was a blast. Why not have more? (Definitely)

VIDEO GAMES

This one is going to be divided into two categories. The first one is going to be of games you'll definitely see reviews of because I have them with me right now and there is no question that these games will be reviewed. However, the second list is for games awaiting me when I get back. I don't know if I'll have enough time to write reviews while working on the various movie reviews and my 2015 lists. The shorter ones maybe, but probably not the longer ones. We'll just have to wait and see. So, what games will I definitely be reviewing?

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultimate Despair Girls
Steven Universe: Attack the Light

As for the ones I may or may not review, they are...

Runbow
Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker
Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Only time will tell with these games.

ANIME

So, I feel like I should probably address what the hell happened with my Spring 2015 Anime review and why it's been delayed for so long. The reason is simple; one series, Blood Blockade Battlefront, is incomplete. The final episode has not aired after over three months. Originally, it was supposed to be released on July 5th, so I held off the review until then. Now though, with no real sign of it appearing, I might as well go ahead with the Season Review anyway. There were only four shows I covered anyway, so I might as well just release it, incomplete series be damned. You'll see that pop up next week.

As for the Summer Season, you'll still see that a few days before or after the two year anniversary, depending on how long I ramble on about the shows this season, and some shows NEED a long analysis. But because I have no much free time over here, I'm not afraid to watch a plethora of shows this season, even though my opinion on the season as a whole is mixed. So here are the titles I may (or may not) be covering this Fall.

Gakugen Toshi Asterick
Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensuo
One Punch Man
Komori-san Can't Decline!

More shows will probably be added, and these are the shows that I know I will watch. Some might be added and some might be dropped, but these are just the shows I have a mild interest in.



Well, that's all folks! Large update, yes, but I got a ton of info out there. Now to hunker down and finish nearly every major project I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment