Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Seasonal Orders: Fall 2016


It's time for the leaves to start falling. Hooray!


Welcome one and all to the Seasonal Orders, where I'm not even going to have an intro, just all of the updates that you want to hear.

3RD YEAR ANNIVERSARY

It always blows my mind whenever I reach a new milestone, like being around for three whole years. As such, it's time for another "fun" celebratory review! The 3rd Year review will be up on Tuesday, and I've decided to go back and do something special for the occasion. Something that I missed out on last year, but will not be making that mistake again. It's going to be rough, but hopefully you'll all be able to enjoy my misery and shame.

HALLOWEEN

I always love Halloween. It's the first holiday in the trifecta of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. All three are great for their own reasons, but Halloween always makes me giddy for the candy, the spooks, and the costumes. So this year, I've decided to dedicate a good portion of October to Halloween themed reviews and lists!

First and foremost, you'll get a review of Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, which is extremely divisive, but hopefully it can revitalize the series. Then we're going to have a review of the brand new Rocky Horror remake, which can either be pretty damn good, or pretty damn bad. The main attraction though is going to be the return of my Top 20 Favorite Villains list, this time for Movie Villains! I wanted to try something different out for last year by listing off my favorite horror experiences, but this year I can't help but go back to making massive lists. You can expect the introduction to be mid October, which will have the rules and honorable mentions included, 20-11 the following week, and the Top 10 a day or two before Halloween. Let's kick the season of the witch off right!

MOVIES

As always, I never know exactly what I'll be able to review given my time, release dates, and limited releases. Now that we're in Oscar season, this applies even more, since I'm sure that most of my most anticipated movies are going to be hard to find/see. That being said, here's the tentative list for future reviews!

3rd Year Anniversary Movie
Birth of a Nation
Rocky Horror
Doctor Strange
Billy Lynn's Long Half Time Walk
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Moana
La La Land
The Founder 
Star Wars: Rogue One

VIDEO GAMES

Not only is it the Oscar season, but it's also a huge time for video games... kind of. 2016 has been a low-key year for games, and honestly most of my most anticipated games released in the first half of the year. Not only that, but a few of the games I've been dying to play have been delayed into 2016. So Persona 5 and South Park: The Fractured But Whole won't be reviewed this year sadly. Still, there are a handful of titles that do seem like they'll be good games (I hope), so you can look forward to these reviews in the near future.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Pokemon Sun/Moon

Now you may be wondering "But where's Final Fantasy XV???" To be perfectly honest, while I do think the game looks good and will be a good experience, I don't think that I'll be picking up the game on release day. I'll be too focused on playing the plethora of games I already have, and even if I do get it this year, I doubt I'll be able to get out a full review by the time the year end lists come out. So will I review it? Maybe. It all depends on how my schedule and game blocks turn out.

ANIME

Just by looking at the Fall preview for anime, not many great series are coming out unfortunately. So for the next three months, it'll be a very low key look at anime titles. As of now I only have four series, but I think that'll be perfectly fine. I already have faith in two of the shows, and for the other two I had previously liked the first seasons of each show, so I'm hedging that those are safe bets. The four titles I'm hoping to follow are...

BBK/BRNK: Gentle Giants of the Star
Bungo Stray Dogs
Drifters
March Comes in like a Lion

If there are any new titles that seem appealing to me, I'll certainly check them out! I'm eager to add one more title to my list for the season, so if you want me to cover any title in particular, please let me know in the comments and I'll give it a try!

ONE PIECE: THE UNLIMITED RETROSPECTIVE

Yes, I'm dead set on doing a complete overview of One Piece, but I underestimated just how huge the second arc would be. I'll explain more in the post (which is 70% done), but needless to say, I wasn't expecting the sheer bulk of narrative I had to get through for smaller arcs. The second post should be out by the end of next week, and after that it's all smooth sailings for an arc or two. I've already began summarizing the bullet points for the Syrup Village and Baratie arc, so that should hopefully expedite the process immensely. I hope to bang out 3-4 more updates by the end of the year.

And just so we're clear, this is a SIDE PROJECT for the site. My reviews and lists will always take top priority, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to dedicate any time whatsoever to the project. As long as I hunker down, I can probably write and edit an arc in about a day or two, making sure I look back at my notes thoroughly enough. Bottom line, I've got everything all set to write a bunch of posts, I just need the time to do it.



And that's all for this month! I'll see you all at Tuesday for the 3rd Year Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment