Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Seasonal Orders: Christmas 2016


Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas from The Critical Order!


Tis the season everyone! It's finally winter, people are out spending time with their loved ones, you're celebrating whatever holiday you celebrate, eating delicious food, and warming up with some hot cocoa, apple cider, or a nice fireplace. I'm personally doing all three! I call it apple cocoa.

So with the year winding down and only seven days remaining until 2017, I figure let's get the Seasonal Orders out of the way early so we all can spend time with our families and take a few days off. Lord knows I need them. So here are the plans for the next three months here at the Critical Order!

TWITTER

I hate Twitter. I find Twitter pointless and I think it only serves to create drama, spread misinformation, and put a person's worth solely on how many followers they have. Still, I can't deny that having a Twitter makes yourself more marketable, so the Critical Order will be getting a Twitter starting January 1st, 2017.

If you're expecting me to be posting random information about my life, sorry to say, but that won't be happening anytime soon. The Twitter account is going to be solely business and will be used to spread links around, occasionally muse about a major event that's happening in film, video games, or anime. So say for the upcoming Switch presentation, you may have coverage from my Twitter instead of a full post, normal stuff like that. This is all just in the effort to spread the site around and to grow even more than in 2016. 2016 was the biggest year for the site, where we nearly doubled our readership! So in an effort to keep up with the times, you'll be able to hear and see posts on the Twitter as well as on Channel Awesome, Facebook, Google, and Patreon. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-laaaaaa.

2016 IN REVIEW

Speaking of doing things as soon as 2017 rolls around, it's time for my Best and Worst of the Year Lists! These take a huge amount of time to work on, but with most of the lists already written and ranked, it's now mostly about formatting and actually writing the damned posts. We still have four lists this year, and each list will be published three days apart from each other. So these lists are...

The Top 5 Anime of 2016 - January 4th
The Top 10 Worst Movies of 2016 - January 7th
The Top 5 Video Games of 2016 - January 10th
The Top 10 Best Movies of 2016 - January 13th

Same as last year, and man oh man will I have a lot to say about these lists. Tune in for each list in the beginning of the month. As always, I'm going to take a little break afterwards, where we'll have either a review of The Lego Batman Movie to welcome 2017, or something else. Haven't really decided on that yet, but you'll see me back in early February the latest.

MOVIES

I won't be taking that long of a break though, because 2017 already has a killer lineup for the first third of the year. Seriously, there are so many interesting movies coming out (and one unmitigated disaster) that I can't help but be excited. I know that reviews are always subject to change, but ehre are the first batch of movies that I plan on reviewing

Split
The Lego Batman Movie
Fifty Shades Darker
A Cure For Wellness
Logan
Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Power Rangers
Ghost in the Shell

Also, with only a week left of 2016 left, just to finish off some house cleaning, I may try and get out a review of Rouge One: A Star Wars Story... or I just may say screw it and focus on making sure that my lists are well written and good. If you want my opinion on Rouge One here it is; it's fine, if very predictable, ends exactly how you expect a prequel to A New Hope would end, and felt perfectly serviceable for what it was. If you're demanding a review of it, please let me know and I'll try my best to get one out. If you're fine without one, just say so and I'll accommodate.

VIDEO GAMES

As always, the beginning of the year is a pretty slow time for games. That being said, there's going to be a lot of interesting information released in January, so that'll keep me going throughout the year. We'll have the full reveal of the Nintendo Switch on the 12th of January, as well as a Final Fantasy event at the end of January as well. So there's going to be a lot of press releases to look forward to, though game releases are going to be a bit sparse honestly. The games that I'm interesting in are as follows.

Berserk: The Band of the Hawk
Horizon: Zero Dawn
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Mostly there are a ton of big releases to look forward too, as well as Switch details, so only time will tell for next year's releases.

ANIME

Alright, time to be perfectly honest; there's nothing really all that good coming out next winter. I tried desperately to watch a few previews of shows t find something worth wild to watch, but I couldn't find anything. I have literally three shows that are interesting, and even then I had to stretch out one more title to hopefully enjoy. We're all just waiting until spring though when we can get back Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Berserk, and Yuki Yuna is a Hero. So... here.

Little Witch Academia
Youjo Senki
Yuuka
March Comes in Like a Lion

ONE PIECE: UNLIMITED RETROSPECTIVE 

A huge thanks to you all for being patient with my One Piece: Unlimited Retrospective update. From here on out, I plan on being much more focuses and concentrated when it comes to getting each arc out in a timely fashion. I've already started to write the summary for the next arc, Syrup Town, and should have that down in early February with the Baratie arc ready to release in March. I'm going to plan on getting a new arc out every month in a half or so, bu I need to stress that it's just a side project as of right now.

Making each entry takes a lot of time, since I have to go back and read the manga, write down significant beats, put it down, then I usually come back after about a week or so and reread the arc to make sure my opinions and thoughts haven't changed or if I came up with new thoughts or opinions. Then I write a couple of paragraphs in between reviews so I don't have to slog through an entry over the course of several hours.

That being said, if you want me to focus on getting these entries out in a timelier manner, I will certainly be happy to oblige. I love to talk about One Piece, and if you would rather me review fewer movies/games in order to focus on delivering more One Piece, then feel free to say so and it will be done.



And that's all I've got for now! So from me to you, have a happy New Year and happy holidays! I'll see you all in a few days for the Best Fall Anime of 2016 and the 2016 in Review lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment