Friday, September 29, 2017

The Seasonal Orders: Fall 2017


Nothing beats the end of the year and the big rush of movies and games!


Welcome to another Seasonal Order! 2017 is almost done, but believe me, this is going to be the busiest that the site has ever been for the next three months. Read on to see why!

4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY REVIEW

On October 4th, it'll once again be The Critical Order's birthday! I can't believe that this site has been going on for four years, and 2017 has been the strongest year for the site ever. As in, the hits from the past 9 months have exceeded the past three years combined. How? I have no idea, but I'm completely thankful for that! I'd like to truly thank everyone for reading and stay supportive of the site through all of its ups and downs. But the celebrations are going to be a bit postponed this year.

See, usually I put up a review on the 4th to celebrate, and usually I make it a My Little Pony movie because those are the most fun to review. I have passing interest in the franchise, but being an outsider looking in has always just been a pleasant time, quality of the movies not withstanding. Well it just so happens that on the 6th, a My Little Pony feature film is coming to theatres, so instead of trying to rush out a review to celebrate the anniversary, I'm going to have a blowout review on that Sunday, October 8th. So mark your calendars for the day when I have to sit in a movie theatre to go and watch a movie that I'm dreading to see more than The Emoji Movie! Will it be good? Will it be bad? Who knows! Read the review to find out.

SCHEDULE

So the schedule this time is extremely busy, and it has a few certain things about it that may not make a lot of sense unless I explain it. As of right now, the schedule for the next three months is...

10/1 - Summer 2017 Anime Review
10/8 - 4 Year Anniversary Review
10/15 - One Piece: Unlimited Retrospective - East Blue Part 3
10/22 - Top 20 Best Comic Book Villains Introduction
10/29 - Top 20 Best Comic Book Villains (20-11)
10/31 - Top 20 Best Comic Book Villains (10-1)
11/5(?) - The Batman Retrospective
11/12(?) - Triple Features: Thor: Ragnarok, Murder on the Orient Express, Blade Runner 2049
11/19 - Justice League
11/26 - Coco
12/3 - The Disaster Artist
12/10 - The Shape of Water
12/17 - Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
12/24 - BREAK
12/31 - Fall 2017 Anime Review

Obviously there is a break for Christmas, but I wanted to make sure that I got a special post for One Piece in for a couple of reasons. One, I wanted to get the first major storyline done by the end of 2017 as promised, and if I missed out on putting it in October then I wouldn't be able to get it done until January the earliest. Two, There really aren't that many movies coming out until late November that I want to see, so there was some flexibility with the beginning. Finally, I honestly loved writing my last entry in the Unlimited Retrospective so much that I wanted to get into it right away. I seriously has a blast just sitting down and summarizing a series that I love, and I couldn't wait four months to do it again.

On that note, you'll see that I have the Top 20 Comic Book Villains all set and ready for the end of October. In previous years, I've always released by Top 10 picks on Halloween itself, but with the new scheduling I couldn't really do that. But I said screw that and kept the tradition alive. It just means that I'll have to work pretty damn hard for that week, since I'll be putting out two Top 10's essentially and a Retrospective.

So you see those question marks besides the Retrospective and the Triple Feature? Well, because of how swamped I'm going to make myself by the end of October going into the holidays, those posts may be a day or two late. I don't want to just throw big project after big project after each other, so taking the extra time just to unwind is probably going to be a necessity for me. And then January I can vacation as much as I want, but not for now!

VIDEO GAMES

Making video game reviews come out on Thursdays has been a pretty relaxing switch also. Sometimes I wish that I could beat a game in a week just so I can get a review out fast, but this is another case of not being stuck to a deadline and enjoying my time with a new game. So with the big holiday season coming, here are the games I plan on reviewing and when you can expect them.

Danganronpa V3 - Mid October
Super Mario Odyssey - Mid November
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Late November
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Mid December
Sonic Forces - Late December

That may seem like a few amount of games, but with two of those games looking like they're going to be massive adventures, I should at least be able to complete each game and give an honest opinion of each of them.

MISSED REVIEWS

So if you've noticed, there have been a bunch of movies and games that I said I was going to review, but never really got around to them. Well, that's because I'm probably not going to get around to making a written review of them. It's sad, but I just don't have enough time to write about movies that I want to see and the movies that I could see. The coulds will always take less precedence over the movies I need to see, just because my own anticipation usually exceeds my curiosity.

That isn't to say that I haven't seen them or will not see them. Instead, here are movies and games that I have seen or will see that you may or may not see in my Best and Worst of 2017, but you can almost certainly not expect to see a review out of them unless a slot is freed in my schedule.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets, The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Yooka Laylee, Pokemon Ultra Moon, and Cuphead.

Sad, but at least I can guarantee you that you'll hear me talk about It by the end of the year...

ANIME

To say I'm satisfied with the Summer season would be a big understatement, but the question ultimately comes to can 2017 end strong? Well, Blood Blockade Battlefront returns for a second season, so unless that gets royally screwed up, I say the answer is yes. Here's what I plan on watching for the Fall.

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond 
Dies Irae
The Ancient Magus' Bride 
Black Clover 
Kino's Journey 
Yuki Yuna is a Hero



So that's all there is this time! See you all Sunday and next week for the 4 Year Anniversary Review!

3 comments:

  1. Is it a Batman movies retrospective or a retrospective on the Batman character?
    Can't wait to see your top 20 comic book villains list.

    ReplyDelete