Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Seasonal Orders: Winter 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

So as always, I just wanted to give a little update for the next three months and what's in store for the blog amongst several other things about the blog. So let's not dabble any further and just get right down to the knitty gritty!


2013 REVIEWS

Yeah the year is over, but I plan on taking care of a few more things in 2013. Specifically, I have some games that I need to tackle. I was able to pick up a few games for the holidays that I need to play through, so you can expect reviews of them as soon as possible. I can't guarantee that they'll be done by the end of January, since I have a lot of things going on right now, but you can expect reviews of Mario Party: Island Tour, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and The Puppeteer some time before the end of January (I hope).

Also, because it's the end of the year, I'm planning on doing a few year end top 10 lists, 4 to be exact. You'll get lists of the Best Broadway Show, the Top 10 Worst Movies of 2013, the Top 10 Best Games of 2013, and the Top 10 Best Movies of 2013. These lists will be posted relatively soon and should be fairly interesting I hope ^^;

MOVIES

Getting back on track, the thing about a new year means that it's gonna take a bit of time for movies to come out that I actually am interested in seeing. January is usually a dead months for movies where nothing good comes out, so for a while there won't be many movie reviews intentionally. Will I go see a movie anyway? I may, but that'll probably be spur of the moment. But for now, here are the movies that I plan on reviewing between now and the end of March.

The Lego Movie
Robocop
The Raid 2
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Wind Rises

Not that many movies to start off for the year, but this is me going based solely without trailers, so once I get around to actually seeing movie trailers, then I can get some good movies going. But yeah, a decent lot to start the year off I hope.

GAMES

And this is probably where my money is going to this time of the year. More so than any other year, there are going to be some great games coming out that I will want to get my hands on. Like most games, they'll probably take a while for me to beat and review, but a game's a game and I'm all for it. So here are the games that I'll be picking up in the next few months!

Shovel Knight
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Bravely Default
One Piece: Romance Dawn
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
South Park: The Stick of Truth

A lot of RPGs this time, so I'm looking forward to them!

BROADWAY

So here's the part that I'm really up in the air about. Do people still want me to do Broadway shows? I know based on my audience that a lot of people actually see Broadway shows and enjoy my review of Big Fish, but I see them so infrequently that it may not seem worth wild. I am 100% seeing a show in February, most likely Rocky: The Musical, so that'll be a trip. When that review comes around though, I'll pay close attention and see what the reaction to the review is. If people enjoy hearing me rant about Broadway shows, then by all means I'll keep doing it. Hell, I love to do it, but I want to know if people are interested in reading me review a Broadway show. Movie and game reviews get a rather fine audience, but Broadway not so much. Maybe it's because I have only one Broadway review, so that's probably a factor too. Anyway, let me know in the comments whether or not the Broadway section should continue.

VIDEOS

Yes this is the big focus that I wanted to talk about. I have editing software and enough time to actually be crazy enough to make video reviews! I'm not going to be starting until I get to the new stuff of 2014, so as it looks like The Lego Movie may be my first actual video review. I will post a few reviews up on youtube and see how they go. And yes, I am fully aware about the free use copyright issues going on on youtube and how people are hating it. I personally don't know much about it, so I plan on experimenting with a few types of video reviews. I may just do voice overs to trailers as my reviews, but I'll find a way that works and I'll test out the waters of video reviews. And yes, the blog will still be kept up and running concurrently with my video reviews. I may opt to just post video reviews to the blogs over text reviews, but again, let me know your opinion on the matter. Would you like to see both video AND text reviews, just video reviews, or just text reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment