Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Seasonal Orders: Winter 2015


Happy New Year everyone!!! Here's what's on the docket for 2015!!!


So, 2014 has come and pass. Overall, though I hate to say it, 2014 wasn't anything special on most fronts. I'll go into more detail in my year ends lists, but suffice it to say, 2015 looks like it's going to be infinitely bigger and better than 2014 ever was. So with this year finally finished, here are the seasonal announcements you're all expecting!

YEAR END REVIEWS

As is the fate of any critic on the internet, I have to do annual best and worst lists for this year. Needless to say, I have A LOT of things to write and discuss. Almost to the point where I'll be working every day to get you all a list. My top lists take a long time to make and analyze, so you'll have to pardon me for the delay. Still, here is the schedule and dates for when each of my year end reviews will be!

January 2nd - Winter Anime Review
January 4th - Top 5 Best Anime of 2014
January 6th - Top 10 Worst Movies of 2014
January 9th - Top 5 Best Video Games of 2014
January 12th - Top 10 Best Movies of 2014

I have five lists to write, so once I'm done with these lists, I'm going to take a break for a week or two to recharge my systems and relax. I've been putting out an insane amount of content in the past month, so some down time is greatly appreciated! And no, this isn't like one of those made up breaks where I just haven't bee posting anything, this is a legitimate vacation where no reviews will be posted. However, this brings us to...

MOVIES

Ah yes, the movies of 2015. 2015 is going to be legendary for movies, with a ton of huge films releasing this year. As always, I'm going to try my best to review these movies, but I make no promises. Some of these movies I know for a fact I will definitely see, while others may be more difficult. So here is my tentative list for the first quarter of 2015!

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
Jupiter Ascending
Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Out of Water
Fifty Shades of Grey
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Cinderella

I don't know what to expect from most of these movies, but we'll just have to wait and see. I can say for certain though that most of these movies look to be pretty good, so fingers crossed!

VIDEO GAMES

So... this one is difficult to cover since some games really have no release date yet. A thing that's been going on with the video game industry in the past year is that releases are getting fewer and far between, but the games themselves are (sometimes) worth the hype. So the first three months, as of right now, don't have much on offer. So the best I can do is predict which games will be released that I can play. If anything, I may do a video game retrospective if there are barely any games to talk about (Kingdom Hearts may be next in line for a retrospective fyi). But as of right now, here are games that I (hopefully), will be talking about.

Broken Age
Grim Fandango HD
Yoshi's Wooly World (Release date TBD)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Release date TBD)

Until I have more concrete info to go on, these are the only games that I'll be talking about in the foreseeable future. However, I know for a fact that more games will be released to talk about, so patience!

ANIME

Just from looking at the schedule for the winter season, I'm cautiously optimistic about what we'll get this year. I barely know anything about these titles, so fingers crossed that they'll be good! Here's what I'll be following and covering this winter.

Yuri Kuma Arashi
Shinmai Maou no Testament
Koufoku Graffiti
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Death Parade

No clue what to expect from these titles, but hopefully they'll be good!

PLANS FOR 2015

So 2014 was mostly spent expanding the site and refining my writing style. I know more than anyone that some of my earlier works are... ahem... grammatically sound... so 2014 was spent trying to polish up my style to a much more readable standard. Hopefully that worked and paid off!

In 2014, the site expanded incredibly and got a lot of traffic from some really huge reviews. Not only that, but E3 coverage and Oscar coverage certainly helped. You can still expect coverage of those award shows this year, so there's that. In particular though, I want to spend more time this year not necessarily putting out more reviews, but expanding the site's viewership. From now on in every review, instead of a little funny quirk I put at the bottom, I'll put a link for you to share with your friends to help expand viewership. I'll also start posting on other sites to expand viewership, so while the site itself may not get more traffic, at least it'll get more traffic from other sites. I don't know how many people I want to be viewing the site, but I want more than I do now! Consider me greedy >:3

Besides expansions to the site, what else can you expect from me in terms of special projects? Well, I'll be starting a Quentin Tarantino Retrospective in anticipation for his next film, The Hateful Eight, and I may have one more retrospective in the works. I can't reveal too much about it, but it's going to be a huge project that I'm going to publicize and make into the biggest project that The Critical Order has ever done. Consider it the main goal for this year. I'll still be doing normal reviews, but this project may slow down the pace that you'll receive movie and game reviews.

ANYTHING ELSE?

First off, I want to thank everyone who clicks on my links and dives in to read a review. Though I don't know who you all are, I'm thankful that people actually read these reviews and helped to make the site bigger and better than ever before. Without you all, there would be no Critical Order, and I would just be bored man with a bunch of loud opinions. So thank you everyone for reading what I post here. Thank you all.

As for  other things that I'm bringing to the site, besides publicizing the site more and providing better reviews, I encourage everyone to post something in the comments! Whether you agree with my review, disagree, want to start a discussion, or just talk about your day, please comment. It shows that you care and starts to generate thoughtful arguments and thinking. I can write as much as I want, but if you, the viewers, were to help expand this site by sharing with your friends or whoever, then everyone wins! So go ahead and share these links.

With all that said, happy holidays, have a happy new year, and may 2015 be better than any year before it!

No comments:

Post a Comment