Sunday, July 3, 2016

Seasonal Orders: Summer 2016


Time for us to get into the summer swing!


Apologies for the lateness and all, but it's been a very busy week over here. A lot of planning, but mostly banging through an incredibly long video game. Still, that won't stop this summer's post from going out!

THE 100th REVIEW

It's almost chocking to me that I'll soon be writing my 100th movie review post. I've been at this game for a little over two years, and soon I'll be crossing a huge milestone for any critic. If that's the case, I must be planning something incredibly special for my 100th review.

And yes, I am planning a major review. The movie in question is controversial and is probably going to be a massive hit, and will probably piss a lot of people off. If you don't know what movie it is, then just take a look at the release schedule for July and you'll find it in there. Because of that, I don't really want to post if which movies I may or may not be seeing for the next three months. The only movies I feel safe in saying I'm going to see are Suicide Squad, Ben-Hur, and Kubo and the Two Strings, all three of which are going to be in August. I will be playing catchup to titles I didn't review earlier in the year like Gods of Egypt, but July is a well kept secret. If all goes according to plan, I'll be seeing five new reviews in July alone.

So that's all you really need to know about the 100th review, and I hope that everyone will enjoy it. I'm currently working on two reviews at the moment, one for The Conjuring 2 and the other for The Purge: Election Year, so both of them should be out by the end of next week give or take. I'm going to try and push them out at a steady rate, especially given what else is in store, so if there's a bit of a delay on those, it's just because I'm super swamped with work at the moment. Be patient, and it will be rewarded.

VIDEO GAMES

I have absolutely no idea why June was such a full month for new video game releases, but I now have a ton of games that I'm going to need to talk about. In total, I got five new games, four of which I plan on reviewing, and one of which, Mighty No. 9, I already reviewed. Next up on the list is Zero Time Dilemma, a game that took me all of last week to beat nonstop, hence why this post is late. After that you'll get reviews for Kirby" Planet Robobot, Tokyo Mirage Session #FE, and maybe I'll finally get that review of Severed out. As for new games, here is the new game, singular, that I plan on getting in the next three months.

Final Fantasy XV - I think it goes without saying that this is going to be a massive game worth talking about and playing.

And... that's it. Most of the other big games of the year are coming out in the Fall, so then I'll be able to lock in and play some of those. Over the next three months, I'm going to spread those four game reviews as best I can, maybe to the tune of one every three weeks or so, just so that I can enjoy the games that I'm playing. Time will tell, but I just know I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands.

ANIME

Nothing really new to report on this front besides my seasonal review for Spring 2016 should be out tonight! You'll see all of my thoughts about the last three months of anime, as well as general thoughts of the titles I've seen. This summer looks like it's going to be amazing, with some high quality titles debuting and some sequels appearing to highly demanded franchises.

I've also decided that I'm going to keep my quota to six titles a season, and that's going to be a firm decision with no wiggle room. With six slots open, I have enough room to watch shows that genuinely interest me, as well as leave a slot or two open for shows that I may not be familiar with, but help me spread my wings a bit and try new genres. In particular, this summer I'm going to be taking a look at...

Berserk
New Game
Danganronpa 3: Mirai Hen
Danganronpa 3: Zetsubou Hen
Mob Psycho 100
Orange

Nothing can ever go wrong with a new Danganronpa series, and I'm also cautiously optimistic about Berserk coming back. I mean, it's Berserk! What's the worst that could happen!



With all of that said, I'll see most of you tonight for my Spring Anime 2016 Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment