Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Seasonal Orders: Summer 2015


Summer sun is here, and with that we have a very important update for the site!


Nothing beats summer. Except for nearly every other season. While I love that summer has no school, more movies, and more down time, I despise the heat, the humidity, and the bright sunlight that leads to sunburn. Summer is just a season that reminds me of how much I miss nearly every other season. So with that, we have an extremely busy summer ahead of us with some big plan in the works! So let's start off with my big update.

MOVING TO ENGLAND!!!!!

So the title should speak for itself. This August, I'm going to be moving to England to study abroad for a couple of months. I'll be staying in Branbury while I'm in England, and I'll be there until the middle of December. Now, this is going to warrant a lot of internal changes to the site, but you might not even notice a difference anywhere else.

Essentially, reviews will still be coming out, but I'll be HEAVILY restricted with what I can review. I'll be on a budget, and I'm also going to be very limited in which movies I can see and what games I can play. My review of the summer anime season will not be interrupted, so you'll still see what I think of the summer and inevitable fall seasons. Movies, again, will not be that restricted, but I won't be able to see many new movies while I'm away. I'm going to limit myself to four movies while I'm over there, and thankfully any other movie I would want to see is either going to get a digital release or will release after I get back. I'll reveal what those four movies are later, but they're going to be big hits for sure.

As for video games, those are going to be more drastically effected. You see, the fall is usually when the biggest games come out. So add on to the fact that I won't have any dedicated systems with me while I'm over there, and that I won't have any time anyway over there, you're only going to get two, maybe three video game reviews while I'm abroad. Those games will be Severed for the Vita and of course, Five Nights at Freddy's 4. There may be one more review thrown in there, but that'll be entirely up to the whims of fate.

So what will happen to my video game reviews? Well, in a dose of sheer insanity, I'm going to try and complete as many games as possible when I get back. On my docket, I have Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mighty No. 9, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Danganronpa: Ultimate Despair Girls, and Corpse Party: Blood Drive. It's a lot of games to get through, so my end of the year Best Video Games of 2015 list will certainly be delayed. It'll likely be released at the end of January, but no promises.

Bottom line, anime won't change, movies will be limited until I get back, and video games will be delayed except for maybe two or three. There you go!

MONTH OF MISSES

So last year, for July, I did a feature called "The Month of Misses", where I reviewed a bunch of movies and video games that came out earlier in the year. Well, because I enjoyed doing that so much, I'm going to do it again! This time, I asked around for some film suggestions, and I was able to compile three movies that I should see. I also have two games lined up, but those were already chosen by me.

Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Jupiter Ascending
Strange Magic

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Codename S.T.E.A.M

Each week I'll put in an entry, so be sure to read them! After all, you requested them!

MOVIES

Wow, the summer season looks like it's going to be packed this year. So far the movies have ranged from underwhelming to fantastic, without any real bad movies yet. Considering that this same time last year I was contemplating if there would be any good movies released during the summer, I would say this is a considerable improvement. As always, next to each title is how likely I'm going to see that movie, so no guarantees. Here's what I'm interested in this summer.

Ted 2 - I liked the first movie, but I'm not really too keen on seeing if the sequel is able to capture the original's charm. Maybe
Terminator Genisys - I've heard mixed things about this movie, but seeing as how it's a reboot/sequel/prequel, I'm at least curious about it. Definitely
Minions - They're minions. They're cute, cuddly, and hopefully won't be bad. Likely
Ant Man - If I haven't been cynical enough this summer, here's a superhero movie from Marvel when I'm already starting to get really tired of them. Maybe
Pixels - Yes, it's Adam Sandler. Yes, it'll probably misappropriate video game culture. But it has Peter Dinklage, so I'm sold. Likely
The Death of Superman Lives - A fascinating documentary about a Superman movie that never was that would have starred Nick Cage as Superman. Who doesn't want to see Nick Cage as Superman? Definitely
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - I'm not usually an MI fan, but I'm willing to give this one a shot. Likely. 
Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F - Frieza's back and he's kicking ass and taking names. What's not to love? Definitely
Fantastic Four - Calling it now; train wreck of the summer. Maybe

VIDEO GAMES

You know, the summer is legitimately awful for video games. Outside of E3, there is nothing to talk about for video games. Nothing! To be fair, this year has been a pretty significant drought for video games in general, so a dead summer is a bit to be expected. Still, here are the very few games you can expect me to review over the summer.

Batman: Arkham Knight
Freedom Planet

Yeah, it's a pretty lousy list for the summer, but at least you'll be able to get Majora's Mask and Codename S.T.E.A.M. as well, so... positives?

ANIME

Okay, this one actually requires some effort to talk about. My review of the spring anime season is going to be a bit delayed. It's not because I fell behind on watching my shows or anything like that, but because one show I'm watching, Blood Blockade Battleground, is airing its finale on July 5th. The last episode was supposed to on June 27th, but scheduling can be a bitch sometimes. So my review of the season will go up most likely sometime next week. I'm sorry for the delay, but it's going to be good I assure you.

Anyway, for the summer season, there are actually a few shows that I'm interested in watching, though I'm going to be slightly restricted on hat I can watch. I'm going to need to watch shows that are available to stream in both the U.S and the U.K, so I have seven options for this season. I'm not going to cover all of these titles, so expect one or two to be cut, but here is what I hope I can watch for the next three months.

GANGSTA
Joukamachi no Dandelion
Charlotte
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Rokka no Yuusha
Overlord

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

All of these anime are from different genres, so I'm hoping to have a wide variety of experiences this season. Hopefully it won't be as poor as last summer's pickings, but I feel confident in these titles!



With all that said, thank you for reading this extra long update, and I hope you enjoy the plethora of content coming out in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment