Thursday, October 3, 2013

How Things Work Round Here

First of all, I would like to welcome everyone to this new blog of mine! This is a first for me, so hopefully this will amount to something more and word of mouth will spread about this site. If not, at least I tried ^_^

So anyway, this is my blog, The Critical Order. I am a critic by trade (because I have nothing else better to do with my life), so what do I do a lot of? Well play games, watch movies, see theatrical productions, read comics, watch anime.... so pretty much not have a social life. Truly I am the definition of an exciting person. But because I come across so many different forms of media, I began to develop a theory in my head, that kinda went along the lines of... "Entertainment today sucks".

Revolutionary, I know? So that's kind of why I wanted to be a critic; most of today's entertainment sucks, so I want to try and find the few pieces of entertainment that are worth wild. And how do I go about finding good entertianment? By seeing a metric ton of it every chance I get!

So here's how I basically work as a reviewer. My schedule is very on and off, mostly because of when I see something new. It could be three days between reviews if I finish a game then see a movie, or it could be a couple of weeks for me to see a Broadway show then watch an entire anime series. The point is, I review when I finish something. Chances are they'll be a lot more movie and video games reviews than anime, Broadway, or even comic books, so I'll try to keep you guys updated with how my reviews are going.

"But wait!" I hear you cry, "How will you be reviewing them?" Good question! And the answer is, I have no idea! I plan on doing text reviews like you see now, but I may decide to branch out and do vlogs, podcasts, and maybe even a web series if I have enough time, but that's all in the far off future of... god only knows when. As of now, text reviews all the way! Eventually, something else!

And now the crux of this, the whole reason why I posted this in the first place. I'm now going to quickly explain my rating system for my reviews. Plain and simple, it's going to be a 1-5 rating system. I find that for the 1-10 format, there's a whole lot of gray area with what is called good or bad. What's the significant difference between a 5.5 and a 5.75 in terms of quality, and if 7 is the average, why is there so much more leniency for mediocrity? Going from 1-5 means it's clear cut throughout and there won't be any confusion with how I'm rating whatever it is I'm reviewing. Just for clarity's sake...

5 STARS: Literally amazing. If not perfect, then close to it. I would gladly pay money all over again to experience it.
4 STARS: Pretty good. Has some flaws to it, but I still enjoyed myself for most of the time.
3 STARS: Okay. I could go any way about it, but it was harmless. Might not have been outstanding, but at least it doesn't make me hate humanity.
2 STARS: Starting to hate humanity. Has a lot of problems in it and ruins my enjoyment, despite the few things that work.
1 STAR: Really hate humanity. Like, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllly hate it. So very rare, but when I find out, all my hatred comes out.

So there you go my people! My entire review system! So tune in, spread the love, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment