Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Seasonal Orders: Fall 2013

Hey guys. This is just going to be a seasonal heads up on plans and ideas for the blog, so every three months or so I'll post up a new state Seasonal Order as a temporary schedule of what I'll be reviewing for the next upcoming months. I say tentative because like with most things I do, life could get in the way and delay a few of my plans. I will try to see as many movies as I can, but chances are if my schedule is really rough, then I those would be the first to get cut in terms of what I see. I'll still be doing reviews of movies, but if something comes up, then movies are the first to be delayed. Games and theatre stuff is more concrete and generally won't change, so those will still be coming up on a consistent basis. With that said, let's get on with this!


MOVIE REVIEWS

As I said, my movie reviews are going to be screwed with the most for the next few months, mostly because we're starting to get into the Oscar season. As of now, there are a select few movies I want to see, but more movies most likely will come up in the next few months. That being said, here are the movies that you can 100% expect reviews on.

The Counselor
Frozen
Saving Mr. Banks
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Wolf Children
Oldboy

I will try to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, and Thor: Dark World, but chances are I probably won't be getting around to those any time soon. It's not because I have anything against those movies, but I just don't really care about them. Sorry, but that's how it is.

GAME REVIEWS

Oh boy, now I said that game reviews would be consistent, but if you know anything about video games, it's that some can be completed really quickly, and some not so much. Therefore, I know what games I will be getting this year, especially because this is going to be a crazy holiday season, so bare with me. You will see reviews of....

Pokemon X/Y
Sonic: Lost World
Rayman Legends
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Super Mario 3D World
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Mario Party: Island Tour

If you haven't noticed, I'm a Nintendo gamer, so you'll be seeing a lot of Nintendo games that I'll play, though I do plan on getting a PS4 and playing some of those games. It's just a matter of time when I get one. Speaking of time, that's the main issue with my game reviews. I tend to be very thorough when it comes to game reveiws, so it takes a while for me to beat a game and properly review it. Basically, be patient with the game reviews.

BROADWAY REVIEWS

Now HERE'S something new! Yes, because of my unique location, I can actually see Broadway shows on a semi-regular basis. I will be introducing Broadway show reviews to the blog, so get ready for that! My first big review will be of Big Fish, which will be up on or around 11/15! So look forward to that! Because of how pricey it is to see a Broadway show, those will be infrequent, so I may decide to do something to tide over from each Broadway review if I feel there's been a big enough gap.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Yes there is actually. I have a secret program that I'm doing that won't be up until the end of December, mostly because it does take a long time to complete what I'm working on, but I can definitely say that it'll be worth it. Also, I will be doing Top 10 lists soon, and my first ones will be for summarizing 2013 in video games, film, and Broadway. In other words, best and worst lists for the year.

All that being said, spread word about the blog! Like the facebook page, which can conveniently be found here. Spread the word about this blog! The more publicity I have, the more reviews I can do! So thanks everyone, and if you have any questions or suggestions, don't be afraid to shoot them off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment