Monday, March 31, 2014

The Seasonal Order: Spring 2014

Well, spring is in the air! The sun is out, winter is over, and it's time to focus on the flowers and the brighter things in life. Work is winding down and summer is just around the corner, so it's time to relax, unwind, and enjoy some good movies and games! As always, here's the general order of what I MOST LIKELY, not will most definitely, see and do in the next three months.


MOVIES

With the summer blockbusters starting to trickle in, we've got a lot of movies to talk about in the upcoming months. Some of them will be good, and I'm sure we'll have a few stinkers as well. More so than any other time frame, I'm going to be seeing A LOT of movies in the next three months, mostly due to the summer blockbuster season firing all their best movies by the end of May. So... the summer season starts in the spring... wrap your head around that. Anyway, here are the movies! I'll post on the side whether or not that I'll be seeing the movies no matter what, or whether they'll be movies I may miss out on.

Nymphomaniac Vol. 2 - I have to finish the movie, so this is a definite.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Expect a review of Winter Soldier next week without a doubt.
Transcendence - This is going to be a weird movie, so I'll try to get out to see it, but I make no promises.
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return - I love the Oz mythos, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a terrible movie. We shall see.
X-Men: Days of Future Past  - This has been talked and hyped about a lot, so I'll probably get around to see it when I have time to.
Maleficent - I'm doing a double feature of this and A Million Ways to Die in the West, so you can easily chalk this up as my most anticipated movie of the summer.
A Million Ways to Die in the West - I have a gut feeling that this'll be better than Ted ever was, and I'm hoping that it's one of the few good comedies released this year.
The Fault in Our Stars - This, like Nymphomaniac and Transcendence, is me stepping out of my comfort zone to see new genres. A teen drama/ love story sounds right up my alley for this.
Jersey Boys - As a theatre guy, this is pretty much a definite, though I am open to it being decent and I may possibly miss out on it. Maybe.

VIDEO GAMES

So, if you've noticed over the past three months, I've mostly been doing a lot of catch up and reviewing games a while after they've released. That's not intentional mind you, but I play games whenever I have the chance to, and I don't always play the newest games. Sometimes I like to play old games to pass the time and not always have TCO on my mind. So for the next three months, while there aren't that many new games coming out, I will try my best to be more timely with my game reviews and get them out not a month after they've released.

Bravely Default - This is the big example I'm talking about. One of my most anticipated games is still on my to play list, even though I have the Collector's Edition sitting right next to me. Yeah... time constraints and what not. It'll be done, and I'll be sure to make it a big and special review because of the delay!
Shovel Knight - I know I posted this last season, but because of a recent delay, it's going to be a few more weeks before the game is released. Until then, I will be eagerly awaiting it!
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Second verse, same as the first. Delayed, so I'll play it when it's released.
Kirby Triple Deluxe - I'm moderately excited for this game since I'm always in the mood for a Kirby game every now and then. This should be interesting.
Mario Kart 8 - I don't know whether I'm picking this up on the first day of release, but I'll get this game eventually, so there will be a review,I just don't know when.

BROADWAY

So obviously, I was not able to see Rocky: The Musical in the past three months. It happens. Truth be told, I'm going to be discontinuing posting about when I'll see Broadway shows and just have them be a surprise. I'll still be posting about them, but because of the nature of Broadway, I won't say I'm going to try and see a show in this amount of time, because that may change very easily. What I can say is that I'm going to try and see Rocky, 50 Shades: The Musical (yes it exists), and Bullets Over Broadway. I don't know when I'll see them, but I'll see them.

VIDEOS

So I did a review of The Lego Movie as a video review, but I've done nothing else since. What gives? Well, to put it bluntly, I don't have enough time to edit videos. I have enough time to do written reviews easily, but adding that with finding usable video clips, editing, and sound mixing, it's a lot for me to do. So here's the deal. Video reviews will be done for very special occasions. If I want to do, say, a retrospection on The Marvel Cinematic Universe, they'll be done as videos since I can get them out whenever I want to and not be forced on a schedule. I want to have time to polish the videos and make them as good as they can be, mostly because my Lego video was... not the best of quality honestly. So when I have a big project I want to do, I'll relegate them to video status, while all of my current reviews will be text based for now. That may change when I have more free time, but as of now, that's the policy.

ANIME

So one thing I've been meaning to do is to talk about anime on TCO. I love anime, and I feel that it's always good to get people to watch shows that are legitimately awesome. So I'm going to do an experiment soon. I'm going to post a little mini review of all of the winter anime show's I've watched and put it as one big post. If I feel that the winter anime post gets enough views, I'll keep doing more. If not, no harm done. It's just a fun little experiment that I want to try and do. ^_^

E3

Oh boy is this a big one. For those that are unaware, E3, or the Electronic Entertainment Expo where all of the biggest and best games are shown and even better games are revealed, is coming up in June. I plan on watching all 3 days worth of footage and make a handy guide for people who couldn't see all of the news, but that means that for three or four days I will be completely off the radar. No movies, no video games, just E3. If anyone wants a handy guide for all of the big E3 news from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, sound off in the comments below about whether you want to see it or not.

PUBLICITY

As of now, withing only 6 months, I've received a huge amount of views, specifically over 1,500 views across 40 odd reviews. That's all fine and dandy, and I love my fans for continuing to follow this blog and everything that I post. On average, that equates to around 40 views per post, which is great for a starting blog! However, I want to spread out to as wide of an audience as possible. Since most of my reviews are linked here in Google Plus and Facebook, please, share my reviews and have people like my Facebook page The Critical Order. As of right now, I have 57 followers on there. If I can get 75-100 by the end of June, I will have an entire month dedicated to fan choices. As in, for an entire month, I'll do whatever the fans say of me. If they want me to go see the new Transformers movie (which I REALLY don't want to see), I will go see it. If you want me to play Goat Simulator, I'll play it. But that's only if I can get that extra push. If I get double that, as in 114 people, then there'll be even better rewards, but I haven't thought of them yet ^^; In other words, spread the word, help get this blog a bit more popular, and you'll be rewarded for helping me out. Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment